October 23, 2022
What to Look for In a Moving Company
Choosing the right moving company may seem like a small component of your downsizing journey, but don’t underestimate the importance of picking the right movers. Ensure you’re working with trusted, professional movers with experience in downsizing. We’ve outlined six things to watch out for when on the hunt for a good moving company!
- Get a referral: friends and family are two of the best resources for finding a high-quality moving company. If someone you know in your area has recently moved—and has had a positive experience with their movers—ask them to pass along the name, number, and website of the company they used.
- Check for reviews: it may sound simple, but checking Google for five-star reviews is incredibly important! Stay away from contacting companies with one-star ratings.
- Verify licenses: make sure the moving companies you’re researching have an active license (and insurance!) so that you know your furniture and beloved belongings are safe and sound.
- Ask about pricing: companies with transparent pricing are typically more trustworthy. Be wary of movers who aren’t forthcoming about hidden fees and add-ons, as they may try to take advantage of you.
- Get an onsite estimate: while it may initially be helpful to get pricing over the phone, it is far less accurate than getting an onsite estimate. In our experience, an “over-the-phone” estimate is typically much less than an in-person estimate. Not only will an inaccurate estimate provide you with sticker shock, but it won’t allow you to properly plan out your moving budget.
- Ensure they’re a good fit for you: every move has its own set of challenges, from location and timing, house size and amount of belongings, to packing and physical constraints. It is important that your movers work with you and your individual needs.
Does finding a trustworthy moving company sound overwhelming? It doesn’t have to be! Work with A Move Handled With Care to eliminate the stress of moving. Designed to help you streamline your move, we will quickly get settled in your new home with ease.
A Move Handled With Care coordinates your move from start to finish—and we only partner with qualified, professional movers. With more than 12 years in the Denver market, we have experience downsizing your home so that you can enjoy the next chapter of your life. But don’t just take it from us—hear it from our loyal clients as well!
“Truthfully, I could not have helped my mom make this move without your help. From the start of the process you all were professional, organized, flexible, found fabulous movers, helped us make decisions about what to leave and what to bring, packed everything up beautifully, and coordinated with the move manager in Asheville to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are not enough words to express my appreciation. EVERYONE should have a move manager!!”
Call us today to set up your free consultation at 303.471.7333!