|With the dawn of a new year and the exciting possibilities of 2021, there could not be a better time to lighten your load of STUFF that might be keeping you from your goals. Whether you have plans to move in your near future or just want to spruce up your current home, here are a few helpful tips on how to purge the clutter of 2020 and prepare for the new year.
Donate, discard or repurpose your holiday decorations
Were there any decorations you did not even get out this year? Were there decorations that were broken or needed repair? Did you have a strand (or more) of lights that just would not turn on? Now is a great time to take those unused decorations to find a new home!
- You can recycle holiday lights here.
- Donate gently used trees and decorations here.
Pick ONE room in your home to declutter
Do you have that spare room in your home that could use a little TLC? Would extra space in a room allow you to create a space to actually enjoy? Maybe clearing out a room could allow space for your hobby or provide a space for guests. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Go through any unwanted papers. Here is an affordable way to discard of any unwanted paper.
- Drop small boxes or bags of any donatable items (clothing, dishware, small household appliances, books, etc) to your local donation center. Make sure to double check their websites for any non-donatable items.
- Have a large pick up need? Request a pick up from the Vietnam Veterans of America here.
- Any unwanted electronics can be donated too! Click here to see a list of items they accept. They even offer veteran and senior discounts!
The best advice is to start small. A job too large will feel like too much and will be harder to get started. Just check 1 thing off of your list at a time. At the end of the day, if the task seems too overwhelming for you to tackle, give us a call to schedule your complimentary consultation and we’ll take care of it for you!
We look forward to helping you sort, pack and move in 2021!
Contact us today for your upcoming sorting, organizing, packing, unpacking, move coordination and concierge services today at 303-471-7333 or firstname.lastname@example.org